Monday, June 14, 2010

Needles are not my friend

I was up bright and early this morning and had to leave the house without drinking a drop of coffee because I had to have my annual blood draw. I got to the doctor's office and the sweet nurse pulled out the regular huge needle. I took one look at that and squeaked, "Um, my veins are tiny and hidden, so..." and she just smiled, took my hand and said, "So what you're saying is you want me to use this instead?" and she pulled out a tiny butterfly needle. That was the good news. The bad news? She couldn't find a workable vein in my arms. wah. She told me that she'd try my hand, but she wasn't in the habit of making someone a pincushion, so if it didn't work, she'd have to send me to St. Elsewhere. ugh. I hate that place! She placed the tourniquet onto my wrist, had me pump my hand, and she felt around. She said she thought she found a winner! I took a deep breath and...YES! We have blood! She was able to get the three vials they needed and I wanted to give her a hug, but I just smiled and thanked her. ;)

That's it...done for another year!

Readers...sorry I put you through this, but I'm just telling it like it is!

No comments: