Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Asian Slaw Salad

I got this recipe from my dear friend Sara. I quadrupled the recipe when I made it this past weekend.

I'm not The Pioneer Woman and I don't have pictures to go along with my recipe. You'll just have to use your imagination, or better yet, make the recipe yourself! :)

Asian Slaw Salad
5 cups cabbage (Sara shreds her own, I just use a bag of cole slaw mix...sorry, Sara!)
1 package oriental flavor Ramen noodles, roughly crushed (she uses chicken flavor, I like the oriental flavor better)
5 green onions, thinly sliced
1 package (2oz) sliced almonds, toasted at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, cooled (she uses slivered almonds, but I like the consistancy of thinly sliced almonds best)

Put all into a bowl.

Dressing:
2 Tbs sesame seeds
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
3 Tbs vinegar
flavor packet from Ramen noodles

Mix and shake dressing in pint jar until sugar dissolves (you can do this in a bowl with a whisk). Toss all together just before serving so noodles remain crunchy.
Serves 10.

No comments: