Saturday, June 19, 2010

Just Push Play...I mean SEND

So, as you all know, I have a pretend boyfriend. Anyway, he and his band, AEROSMITH are coming to the Chicago area in August. When I found this out, I emailed The Man at work and let him know that my pretend boyfriend was coming to town. He called me and chuckled, "So, you're a little starstruck, eh?" UM.....a little bit! So, then he dropped the bomb...he had no interest in seeing them again, so I should find someone to go with me. THE NERVE! That's ok, though, because I then emailed my sister-in-law Lori and she said she'd love to go. Woo Hoo! I'm sure he's just jealous of Steven...or something. ;)

So, at precisely 10am CDT, I signed onto Ticketmaster and started to buy the tickets. I had like 1 minute and 30 seconds to enter all of my information onto the screen before I lost the tickets. I was shaking like a leaf and had to literally tell myself to CALM DOWN. After what seemed like an eternity, that little circle thingamabob stopped and up popped my tickets! Holy cow! Our seats are so much better than they were a few years ago when we saw Aersomith at the United Center. We had last row seats and I was sitting next to a boozer who left his seat and climbed over me every 2 seconds so that he could buy himself a cocktail. (We're inside the pavilion so it doesn't matter if it's raining or not, we'll be dry and rockin' out!)

Time to dust off my dancin' shoes!

2 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Sounds like a great show! :)

I can't believe the Man is going to risk "letting you" go to the concert without him: isn't he worried you're going to hole yourself up in the Aerosmith bus?

Dawn said...

hehehe! Hmmmmmm....thanks for the idea! ROFL!