Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spinach Salad

Today is a salad luncheon at work.  I signed up to take one of my favorite salads:  Spinach Salad. 

2 10 oz bags of baby spinach

One can of water chestnuts, drained and chopped.

One small can of bean sprouts, drained

5 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and chopped

2 hard cooked eggs, chopped

Salad dressing:  Whisk together 1 cup salad oil; 3/4 cup sugar; 1/4 cup vinegar; 1 medium onion, finely diced; 1/3 cup ketchup; 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce


Pour the dressing over the salad right before serving and toss.  (I can't show a finished product because it's not lunch time.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used to hate spinach (only kind my mom ever made (bless her heart) was the canned kind with vinegar on it - uck!) until someone turned me on to spinach salad. I really like the recipe with the hot bacon dressing - you should try that at home sometime...basically the same, just that the dressing is hot and wilts the spinach, ummmm. I use the bacon, hard boiled eggs, sliced green onions, sliced raw mushrooms, spinach, and then the hot dressing.