Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Natural Highs

One of my hobbies is reading.  I read magazines (mainly cooking mags), books, and blogs.  One of the blogs I read daily is Jodie's It's ALL Good in Mommyhood.  She had a post up about things that give her a 'natural high' and it started the wheels turning in my head about the things that give me a natural high.  As you can see from yesterday's vlog, it doesn't take much to make me laugh, even at myself.  I'm a pretty happy person most of the time. 

Here is my list:  taking long walks with Scott, talking to the boy on the phone, spending quality time with my little family of three, date nights, the beach, spending time with my sister, Disney World, getting hugs from my students, feeling like a rockstar when they yell, "Mrs C!" when I get to school, having girl time with friends, planning a holiday meal, preparing for Christmas, surprising the boy on Christmas morning, puppies, hugs from my mom, bonding with my other mother, book club, planning vacations, reality tv ;), blogging, Andy Cohen (how much fun would it be to hang out with him?), hugs from my nieces, visiting Amish country with my mom, seeing the man our boy is becoming, quiet time with Scott.

This list could go on and on.  Life is great.  What are some of your natural highs?

2 comments:

Jodie (www.allgoodinmommyhood.com) said...

Dawn, Love yours! Isn't it so refreshing when you start to list them and you realize there is so much that makes you happy? :) I also LOVE Amish country. We drive through when we visit friends in PA and I always marvel at the homes, kids in the fields...etc. :) Thanks for linking my blog, and for reading!

Unknown said...

Wow, how can you be so clear-headed so early in the morning? This is a wonderful list - thank you for mentioning me - I love our time together also and hope we can get together again soon.