Monday, March 7, 2011

Roasted Vegetables

One of my favorite ways to prepare vegetables is to roast them.  If you've never tried them roasted, please give it a shot.  Roasting vegetables brings out their natural sugars.  It also brings out a totally different flavor.  And before you say that you don't like vegetables, try them cooked this way.  I thought I didn't like cauliflower, but I love it roasted!  Trust me!

Yesterday I used sweet potatoes, yellow bell pepper, broccoli, and cauliflower (I bought a bag of fresh cut up broccoli and cauli from the produce aisle and threw in a couple of pieces.  I plan on roasting the rest of the bag tonight.)

Cut the large vegetables into bite sized pieces (peel the sweet potatoes first, of course).  Put all of the veggies onto a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle on some sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.  Put the baking dish into a preheated 450 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes. 

If you haven't tried roasted vegetables, I urge you to do so.  If you have tried them, what are your favorite veggies to cook this way?



3 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite veggies to roast, besides the ones you mentioned, are asparagus, brussel sprouts and onions. Yummy!

Dawn said...

Oh, I love roasted asparagus (and I'm not a fan of them any other way.) I need to try the brussels because I 'think' I hate them, but I may not. lol

Just Frances said...

I love roasted veggies! I like to make a roasted veg dish with a bit of hard cheese--kind of a spin on a Greek Briami.

I think roasted veg will find the way to my menu this week!!