Honey crisp apples were on sale for $1.49/pound. That would be a great price IF each apple didn't weigh a pound! I kid you not!
Fall is in the air....well, actually it's more like Indian summer around here. The sun is shining and it's a balmy 75ish degrees outside. Beautiful!
Before I went grocery shopping, I made my menu. It's full of fall favorites. Since it's just the two of us nowadays, I'll be freezing a lot of soup.
Here is my menu....
- Pork roast, cooked apples, roasted potatoes, green beans
- chili, cornbread
- Mimi's chicken casserole, broccoli
- chicken pot pie
- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas
- sloppy joes, baked macaroni and cheese, salad
- homemade pizza
- Italian sausage patties with sauteed green pepper and onions on toasted rolls, salad
- Italian beef, macaroni salad
- ham and bean soup, cornbread