Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall Foods

I love grocery shopping in the middle of a weekday. The parking lots are mostly empty, the shelves are stocked, there are no crowds, and there are lots of moms with little ones in the carts. Reminds me of my days as a stay at home mom.

Honey crisp apples were on sale for $1.49/pound. That would be a great price IF each apple didn't weigh a pound! I kid you not!

Fall is in the air....well, actually it's more like Indian summer around here. The sun is shining and it's a balmy 75ish degrees outside. Beautiful!

Before I went grocery shopping, I made my menu. It's full of fall favorites. Since it's just the two of us nowadays, I'll be freezing a lot of soup.

Here is my menu....
  • Pork roast, cooked apples, roasted potatoes, green beans
  • chili, cornbread
  • Mimi's chicken casserole, broccoli
  • chicken pot pie
  • meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas
  • sloppy joes, baked macaroni and cheese, salad
  • homemade pizza
  • Italian sausage patties with sauteed green pepper and onions on toasted rolls, salad
  • Italian beef, macaroni salad
  • ham and bean soup, cornbread
What are your fall food favorites?

No comments: