Thursday, August 12, 2010

Still plugging along

Sadly, I found out that I didn't get called back from my lay-off status. I've been sending resumes out like crazy, only to get the standard response, "thanks, but no thanks." I had an interview at another district 4 weeks ago and while I thought it went well, I didn't get called for the job. I really think that in this economy, it's all who you know. And, to be honest, when I got hired by my former district 11 years ago, my volunteer work got my foot in the door there. When The Boy was in second grade, I went in at the beginning of the school year and volunteered my services one day a week. His teacher went around to other teachers and set up a schedule for me and I loved every minute of it. So, by second semester, I signed up to be a substitute, and worked a lot. At the end of the school year, I signed a contract for full time work for the next school year....and the rest is history.

I'm hoping and praying that something comes open soon. I know that when God closes a door, another opens, I just need to have patience. And...patience isn't one of my strong suits! ;)

3 comments:

Pamela said...

I know that this isn't much comfort, but when I am faced with an unsure time or an upset or just trying to find an answer, I rely on a Grateful Dead lyric from Scarlet Begonias....

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Keep looking, keep planning, start to maybe plan something that you can turn into something that is your own and something that you can love doing while making money doing it....I know you can...you just might have to step into a new light, for now...

Hugs. I have all of the faith in the world in you!!

Dawn said...

Thanks, Pam! Love you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. It's hard out there for everyone, unfortunately. I just know the perfect job will be there for you at the perfect time.

dawnrv