Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Skyping is where it's at!

My sister was telling me how she signed up for Skype* and my mom has an account and that they chat sometimes, etc. Hmmm....so, I asked her how to go about getting my own account. It was easy!

Once you have an account, you sign into Skype when you get online and see if any of your contacts are online. Then you can place a video call and talk. SO! I signed on yesterday and my nieces Allison and Aubrey are staying at my mom's for the week, and guess who was on my mom's computer? Al! I made a call, and we were looking at one another! HOW COOL IS THAT? Except for the fact that they couldn't hear me. So, I was typing and smiling and Al starting typing and smiling, and then I reminded her that I could hear her, so I'll type and she should talk. ;) She was so funny...she was trying to help me figure it all out. I finally found the microphone settings and got that all fixed up, and then they could hear me...then my mom, Aubs (who kept making faces into the camera!) and Al were all cheering. hehe BTW, I think Al types more wpm than I do. When I said something to her about her typing skills, she just shrugged and said, "Yeah, well, I learned how to type in kindergarten!" SERIOUSLY!


One of Aubrey's famous faces


My beautiful and talented Allison...


*I'm not being compensated in any way from Skype. I'm just spreading the love.

No comments: