Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Throwing the Diet out the Window...

My mom, sister, and I are in the Chicago 'burbs this week for some girl time. Margie teaches Spanish and is attending a TPR Storytelling seminar. My mom and I are along for the ride and are attending a Japanese class in the morning in the TPR Storytelling method. We are actually understanding the language! It's such fun.

Not only are we learning, we are EATING a lot! I don't usually eat dessert on a daily basis, so I'm getting a constant sugar buzz (which, if you know me...I mean REALLY know me, you know I'm naturally high on life, so I don't need sugar to get me going! lol)

On our first night, we had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. OH MAMA! Mom had pasta with sun dried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil. Margie had fish tacos and I had baja chicken tacos. The tacos were served with black beans and rice. The black beans tasted just like the filling my brother makes for his black bean quesadillas. We were in HEAVEN! (Sam...it was like you were there too, because we were talking about you. Were your ears burning?)

I got a piece of Godiva cheesecake to go and ate some of it at the hotel. I couldn't finish it, but it was as close to heaven as a piece of cheesecake could get.

Last night, we decided to go to California Pizza Kitchen. Margie got a pizza with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. I got a pizza with roasted peppers, carmelized onions, mozzarella, parmesan, roasted artichoke hearts and salami. Mom got an Asian salad. Then, we split this:




mmmmm...I love Red Velvet Cake!

Stay tuned...soon I'll amaze you with my wild Japanese speaking skills!

1 comment:

Melisa Wells said...

That looks DELICIOUS!!