Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Class reunion


So, the first 3 days of our vacation was our class reunion. We had a mixer Friday night, dinner dance on Saturday, and a picnic on Sunday. It was great to see old friends and to catch up with one another. You quickly learn, as soon as graduation is over, that the things in high school that seemed so HUGELY important, were really little things and they didn't matter after all. At 43, we're not all about the drama anymore, thank goodness! :)

The Man and I were good friends in high school, but we weren't high school sweethearts. However, we are among a few couples who married people from our class and are still together. December will make 24 years for us. He's my best friend...and for that I am so fortunate.

So, Friday night he stayed with his friend that he hadn't seen in years, and I went back to my mom's to go to bed. He got to my mom's a couple hours after I did and we both fell asleep. Sometime in my sleep, I must have bopped him in the eye with my anniversary ring. His eye was red and he could barely open it when we got up in the morning. I had no clue it was serious, but thankfully, my mother is a nurse, so she insisted we take him to the E.R. Um, yeah...I apparently gave him a corneal abrasion! Poor guy! The doctor told him that he would have to wear a patch for 24 hours and then use drops until he saw the opthomologist on Monday morning. Um, we wanted to LEAVE early Monday morning! The Man told the doctor that he had a class reunion that night and there was no way that he was wearing a patch. The doctor told him that his choice was to wear the patch, or possibly lose his sight. I informed The Man that he WOULD wear the patch, whether he liked it or not and that it would make for a good story at the reunion.

We took The Man to my mom's and he went back to bed. Mom and I went to get his prescription filled, went to Wally World to get sunglasses and some stick on eye patches. The patch they put on his eye was a honkin' round gauze thingamabob and they taped it across his face. No wonder he didn't want to be seen in that patch! He looked incredibly HOT in his suit and tie with his sunglasses (in my opinion.) Michael Corleone eat your heart out! ;)

Here are some random shots from the reunion....


Before the mixer...and before the eye incident


This is Cheryl, one of my dearest friends. We were texting before the reunion lamenting on our cleavage issues. ;)


The Man and me AFTER the eye incident. Notice the tie matches my dress? It's a Jerry Garcia purchased by moi. Purple is a good color for us. :)

I have other pictures from the reunion, but because of privacy issues, I won't post pictures of other people. I've talked about Cheryl on here before, so I know she won't mind me showing off one of my very best friends!

Anyway, I was teased a lot that night about beating the crap out of my husband. It was all in good fun, though. There is a reason my sweet husband refers to me as Grace. ;)

6 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

You guys are adorable.

And...did you see M.P. and B.B.??

Dawn said...

hehe M.P. yes and B.B. no. :(

Mrs4444 said...

This is sweet (and funny). Poor guy. I'm glad he's a good sport. (and yes, a cutie!) Thanks for linking up!

Sharon Cohen said...

Wonderful story for the Saturday Sampling!
I think he could set a trend with that sunglasses-over-the-eye-patch look - reminded me of James Bond or Sean Connery - the hunky hero kind anyway!

Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by Mrs444 and Sharon! :) Great to see you!

qandlequeen said...

AUGH! Poor guy! At least cool sunglasses covered the injury.