Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Life is a Journey, Not a Destination

I love this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson. It's also in the lyrics of my favorite song by my pretend boyfriend. Lately, I've been thinking of all of the changes that are going on in my life. The Boy graduated and left for college. The Man and I have suddenly become empty nesters and are rediscovering ourselves and each other. Things are changing at work. The world is changing.

Change is a good thing, right? It's scary, but it happens. Time marches on and we have to go right along with it. I'm trying to reinvent myself and decide what the heck it is that I want to be 'when I grow up.' Funny, but shouldn't I know this at 43? Do we EVER know the answer to this? Will I ever grow up?

When I need a little pick me up, I crank my favorite cd and listen to this song. And, after today, I NEED a little pick me up!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Change is good...I suppose...but I really want to things to go back to how they used to be! Miss you!!

Melisa Wells said...

Well, look at how quickly you picked up blogging! The possibilities are endless for you in this new phase of your life!

Pamela said...

Love this blog post!!