Thursday, February 4, 2010

I have the best mom!

I got a surprise in the mail today. I'd post a picture, but for some reason, Blogger won't let me upload my pictures right now. So, in another post, I'll show the pictures.

Back story: Growing up, we took many, many family vacations to the Happiest Place on Earth, otherwise known as Disney World. 'Back in the day' (late seventies), there was only one park to visit...The Magic Kingdom. My parents, brother, sister, and I were so excited when we visited after EPCOT opened. We went every year from '77 until The Man and I got married in '86, sometimes even twice a year. My dad was a big kid at heart. I don't know how my parents afforded such extravagant vacations, with him being a school principal and her being a school nurse, but they did and we went.

As an adult, The Man had no interest in going to The World. So, one year my mom and I took The Boy on his first visit. That was a magical visit. A few years later, The Boy, his cousin, my sister's family and I went to The World. That was also a very magical time. However, I still wanted The Man to share in the magic. This past spring break, Disney was running a special: buy four nights plus tickets, get three free. The Man actually suggested that we should go! Don't have to tell me twice! I got on the internet and booked our stay at Pop Century with the dining plan. The three of us had such a great time and made wonderful memories together.

Back to my gift in the mail: Mom knows my love for all things Disney. I'm a freak! She found some beautiful material in Amish country in Ohio during her last visit and made us a pair of pillow cases out of it. It's pink with black Mickeys on it. Just beautiful!

My mom is a very talented quilter, seamstress, needle worker, etc. She has talent and patience that I can only dream of having.

Mom, I love you!

5 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Aww! I love her too.

Anonymous said...

So (sew) NICE!!!!

PS

Kim said...

YAY for awesome moms!! :)

Throwing Mud Gallery said...

You have a very sweet mom :-)

Darla said...

How cool! What a nice mommy!