Monday, November 1, 2010

The Waiting is the Hardest Part...Maybe

Twenty years ago today, I was due to have my baby. I woke up in the morning expecting magic to happen....but not a twinge...nothing. So, I continued my nesting and knew we needed food, so I headed to the Navy Commissary for a huge load of groceries. The Commissary was good for many reasons, one being that the food was a bit cheaper and another was that they had people who bagged the groceries and took them to your car and loaded them for you. Just what a hugely pregnant woman needed!

I waddled into the store and filled my cart. After paying for my food, I walked beside the lady who packaged my food to show her my car. As we were walking, we were chatting away and she asked when I was due. I think I said, "Any minute now...today is the day!" I had a hard time keeping up with her after that because she practically ran to my car. After she loaded the groceries and I tipped her, she looked at me with very wide eyes and said, "Good luck!"

As I was driving home, I was thinking that I didn't need luck. I was going to have this baby in a matter of hours AND I was going to do it totally drug free.

You know what they say about the best laid plans, right?

To be continued....

No comments: