Wednesday, November 10, 2010

This is the year I won't have any excuses....

The past few years, I've been a slacker when it comes to sending Christmas cards. I've also noticed that we've received less cards. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the digital age in which we live (thanks to the new social networking sites), or because of people's busy schedules.

Being a former Navy wife, most of my friends are scattered across the country. It's great to catch up with them at least once a year through Christmas/holiday greetings. My favorite cards are photo cards with pictures of either the kids or the entire family all together.

This year at Thanksgiving, I'm planning on having The Boy's girlfriend take a picture of The Man, The Boy, Dutch, and I so that I can make my own Christmas card from Shutterfly (I just hope that Dutch cooperates!) There are many beautiful options on Shutterfly's page. Once I know how the picture turns out and the colors we wear, I'll choose the card that coordinates the best.

Shutterfly not only has cards, but also a wide variety of gifts from which to choose. You can make your own calendar, canvas wall art, ornaments, and of course holiday cards. They also have fantastic photo books for people like me who aren't into scrapbooking. I'm thinking of making one to commemorate our Disney trip last year.

Just skip on over to http://www.shutterfly.com and you can get creative in your gift giving this year. Oh, and if you're a blogger and want 50 free holiday cards, follow this link, fill out the form and you'll get information on how you can also share the love. http://bit.ly/sfly2010

No comments: