Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gearing Up!

The Boy will be finished with his last final tomorrow morning, then he's heading home for Thanksgiving break! The Man is really happy because 1. he misses him and 2. he claims that there is never any food in the house when The Boy isn't home. whatever. ;)

The Girl (his girlfriend) is also coming, so we're going to have a joint birthday celebration this weekend since her 21st birthday is the day before Thanksgiving. Bring on the cake! Oh, and we're also having lasagna. ;)

My father-in-law will be here in a week, so pretty soon we'll have a full house. That makes me very happy.

I have my Thanksgiving menu all planned (I have had it planned for about a month now...I love the holidays). This time next week, I'll be in the kitchen baking pies and doing the prep work for the big day.

Here is my menu...
  • turkey
  • stuffing
  • mashed potatoes
  • gravy
  • sweet potato casserole (have to make a double batch because my nephew will be here!) ;)
  • corn casserole
  • peas and pearl onions
  • homemade noodles
  • homemade rolls
  • cranberry sauce (and I admit to using the jellied sauce because I'm the only one who will eat the 'good' homemade stuff)
Desserts:
  • pecan pie
  • pumpkin pie
  • Dutch apple pie
Mmmmm....I can hardly wait!

No comments: