Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Our Boy is comin' home!

It's spring break time for our son.  Yes, it's the middle of winter, but his college is on quarters and he finished up his last final today, so he'll be home this weekend for a week!  (He has to work tomorrow and Friday.)  When I say he's 'coming home' I use that term loosely.  Anyone with a college aged child knows that coming home means stopping in for food and then taking off again.  ;)  In his defense, he has to do a teaching experience next week in a town that's 35 miles away from home, so he's going to stay with his cousin to save time and gas money.

I am planning on taking him and his cousin to dinner one night next week.  I'm really looking forward to it because those boys are such great kids.  His cousin is also in college, so having someone else pay for dinner is always a special treat for college students.

And next month?  I'm planning on going to see him at his school, take him to the store to buy him some quality snacks, tour his frat house (again, but this time I'll get to see his room), and then we'll go to a late lunch.  I'm really looking forward to that visit!

If you wouldn't mind, please send safe travel prayers/thoughts/vibes his way.  I'm praying for clear roads from Ohio to Farm Country, IL!

xoxo

No comments: