Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Quality vs. Quantity

On the Monday of my spring break, I went to visit with The Man's cousin, who also happens to be one of my very best friends. It's wonderful how when you marry into a family, you not only gain another family, but also some good friends.

We started off by catching up over about a gallon of coffee. Then, we went to lunch and talked some more. When we're together, we never run out of things to talk about. Our boys are both freshman in college and her daughter is a college senior. Both of her kids are very special to us and The Boy is special to all of them. Our boys have been very close since they were babies....and we crack up when they are together.

After lunch, we decided to head to the Homer Laughlin China outlet to "finger the dishes." I could spend my life savings in there, but I restrained and didn't buy anything...this time. While we were walking around, she mentioned a nearby antique mall, so we jumped in my car and headed there. Wow! Such fun! However, some of the stuff was truly junk, but there were a lot of vintage Fiestaware and even some modern Fiesta in retired colors.

Then, we headed back to her house so that I could visit awhile with her husband, have an adult beverage, and just relax. There was a huge storm moving in, so I decided to head back to my mom's before it hit.

We have vacationed with her family in numerous occasions. Every autumn, we go to Cedar Point for Halloweekends and stay at the Breakers Hotel. This past fall, however, we didn't get to go because we were saving money for college. We decided that we missed going so much, that we're planning another weekend together this fall. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all of the kids can join us this time!

We don't get to see one another very often, but we usually cram in a week's worth of visiting into the short amount of time that we do have. We speak on the phone and email one another often. I'm blessed to have such a wonderful friend, who happens to be my family!

2 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Don't EVER say "finger the dishes" again.

EVER. Eeek!

Other than that, it sounds like a great time! :)

Dawn said...

But that's what we did! We fingered the dishes! LOL