Monday, April 5, 2010

Cousins

I arrived at my mom's early Sunday afternoon. We sat and talked and just relaxed. She called my uncle and aunt to see if they would be home, but they were on their way to my cousin's house to babysit the kids so that Amy and Tom could see a movie. They wanted us to go too. My cousin and her husband live near Pittsburgh, which is only about 45 minutes away, but I was sort of tired, so we decided that we wouldn't go. As we were having dinner, I looked up at my mom and said, "How long does it take to get to Amy's house?" She said, "Why, do you want to go?" So, she called my uncle and told him that we'd be on our way as soon as we cleaned up the dinner dishes. I needed to see my cousin and her family. And I needed to see my aunt and uncle. We have always been a very close family.

So, Mom and I headed to Pittsburgh...well, the 'burbs. I called The Man's cousin Joni on the way and set up a date with her for Monday. Then I called my friend Cheryl and set up a date with her on Thursday. Unk and company were out to dinner when we got there, so Mom and I hung out for about 5 minutes until they got back. We visited with the precious children (Amy and Tom have three beautiful children...2 daughters and a son), and each of them took us to their rooms to show us around. After visiting and having a wonderful talk with my uncle and aunt, Amy and Tom got home from the movies and we got to sit and visit and LAUGH (because that's what Amy and I do when we're together!)

Since it was a school night and it was 9:30 and I thought Mom was going to fall asleep sitting up, we decided to call it a night. After saying our good-byes, we followed Unk and Aunt as far as we could until going our separate ways.

I had planned on seeing a few of my 'peeps' on this visit, but this was an added bonus. There were a few added bonuses on this trip in my future! I can be a very spontaneous person and sometimes that is a very good thing. :)

There is nothing like family!

No comments: