Friday, May 13, 2011

That Darn Cat

If you are a frequent reader of my blog, you know that we had to put our precious black lab to sleep two days before Thanksgiving.  (If you are new to my blog...WELCOME!)  Anyway, Scott and I told each other that we aren't getting any more dogs, even though we love them.  We want to be free to come and go without having to find a dog-sitter.  Boarding our dog isn't an option after the time we boarded our yellow lab and were kindly asked to never bring him back.  Yes, we are THOSE pet owners.  We can't help it.  We loved our dogs and spoiled them endlessly.

This past fall and then this spring, I noticed that we had a cat taking up residence on our lower deck.  He (or maybe he's a she?) enjoyed sunning himself on one of our deck chairs.  I neglected to bring in the cushions, so he had a very comfy place to stay.  He wasn't going anywhere.

I regularly looked out the window to check on 'my' cat.  I even referred to him as 'my cat' and would say, "Aw, look at my cat out there!  I bet he's cold!"  Scott told me that under no circumstance was I to drag that thing into the house.  No worries since #1 I'm allergic and #2 I don't like cats.  Plus, if we were to have a pet, she would be a chocolate lab named Enola and she would be the sweetest thing that ever lived.  What?  Doesn't everyone name their non-existent pet?  Whatever.

Anyway, I digress...this past week I cleaned all of the leaves off of the lower deck so that I could scrub the deck and the porch furniture.  Cat was nowhere around.  He did leave evidence of his existence, though.  There is a huge hole in the cushion of 'his' chair.  dammit.

Note to self...bring in chair cushions at the end of the season.  Lesson learned.

No comments: